NEET UG 2024 Registration, Exam Date, Eligibility, Application & Latest News
NEET UG 2024 : NEET is a national-level entrance examination in India for students aspiring to pursue undergraduate medical and dental programs like MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). It is a highly competitive exam that provides a common platform for candidates to seek admission to various medical colleges across India. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
NEET UG 2024 Overview
|Starting Date to Apply NEET 2024 Application Form||1st week of March 2024|
|Closing Date to Apply NEET 2024 Application Form||1st week of April 2024|
|Closing Date for the online payment of the Application||1st week of April 2024|
|Correction Date of the Online Application Form||3rd week of April 2024|
|Admit Card Release Date||1st week of May 2024|
|NEET 2024 Entrance Exam Date||5th May, 2024|
|NEET 2024 Result Date||2nd week of June 2024|
- Registration: Candidates must visit the official NEET website (www.ntaneet.nic.in) and register for the exam during the designated registration period. They will need to provide personal information such as name, date of birth, contact details, and more.
- Fill Application Form: After registration, candidates must complete the NEET application form by entering additional details like academic qualifications, category, and choice of examination center.
- Upload Documents: Candidates need to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature as per the specified format and size. They may also need to provide documents supporting their eligibility.
- Fee Payment: The application fee can be paid online using various methods, including debit/credit cards, net banking, UPI, and e-wallets. It’s important to keep the payment receipt for future reference.
- Print Confirmation Page: After successful submission of the application and fee payment, candidates should print the confirmation page generated by the system for their records.
NEET UG 2024 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: NEET is a pen-and-paper-based test, which means candidates must mark their answers on an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet.
- Number of Questions: The exam consists of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Sections: NEET is divided into three sections:
- Physics: 50 questions
- Chemistry: 50 questions
- Biology: 100 questions (50 questions in Botany and 50 questions in Zoology)
- The following table indicates the sections of NEET 2024 exam pattern, NEET subject list, NEET subject-wise weightage, and the distribution of marks.
Sections Number of Questions Total Marks Physics Section A 35 140 Physics Section B 15 40 Chemistry Section A 35 140 Chemistry Section B 15 40 Botany Section A 35 140 Botany Section B 15 40 Zoology Section A 35 140 Zoology Section B 15 40
Clarifying the NEET exam pattern, NTA has stated the following instructions:
- Section A consisted of 35 questions in each subject (Question Numbers – 001 to 035, 051 to 085, 101 to 135, and 151 to 185). All questions are compulsory.
- Section B consisted of 15 questions in each subject (Question Nos – 036 to 050, 086 to 100, 136 to 150, and 186 to 200). In Section B, a candidate needs to attempt any 10 questions out of 15 in each subject.
- Candidates were advised to read all 15 questions in Section B of each subject carefully before they start attempting the question paper. In the case of a candidate attempting more than 10 questions, the first 10 questions answered by the candidate will be evaluated.
- Marking Scheme:
- Each correct answer will be awarded four marks
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- No mark will be deducted for the questions which have not been answered
- Questions that have two or more responses marked on the OMR sheet will be considered incorrect and one mark will be deducted from them
- Total Duration: The total duration of the NEET exam is three hours (200 minutes).
The NEET syllabus is based on the 10+2 curriculum of various education boards in India. It primarily covers topics in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). Students are advised to thoroughly study the NCERT textbooks and practice previous years’ question papers to prepare effectively.
Minimum Qualifying Percentile:
The minimum qualifying percentile for NEET may vary each year and is determined by the NTA. Generally, it is around the 50th percentile for the general category, with lower percentiles for reserved categories.
After the NEET results are declared, candidates can participate in the centralized counseling process conducted by various state authorities and the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). The counseling process helps candidates secure admission to medical and dental colleges based on their NEET scores, choices, and availability of seats.
It’s essential for candidates to stay updated with the official NEET website and notifications for the latest information, including application dates, exam dates, and counseling details. NEET is a highly competitive exam, and thorough preparation is crucial to perform well and secure admission to desired medical colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) in more detail:
- What is NEET?
NEET is a national-level entrance examination in India for students seeking admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses, such as MBBS and BDS, in government and private colleges across the country. It is the primary entrance exam for medical aspirants.
- Who conducts NEET?
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) is responsible for conducting the NEET exam. NTA is an autonomous body established by the Government of India to conduct various entrance examinations.
- What are the eligibility criteria for NEET?
- Citizenship: Candidates must be Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
- Age: As of my last update in September 2021, candidates must be at least 17 years old at the time of admission or should complete the age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English. Specific eligibility criteria may vary, so always check the latest information.
- What is the NEET syllabus?
- The NEET syllabus primarily covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Biology is further divided into Botany and Zoology. The syllabus is based on the 10+2 curriculum of various education boards in India.
- How can I apply for NEET?
- To apply for NEET, candidates need to visit the official NTA NEET website during the application window. The application process typically involves filling out an online form, providing personal and academic details, uploading documents, and paying the application fee.
- What is the exam pattern for NEET?
- NEET is a pen-and-paper-based test.
- It consists of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The exam is divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Each correct answer is awarded four marks, and one mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The total duration of the exam is usually three hours Twenty Minutes.
- What is the minimum qualifying percentile in NEET?
- The minimum qualifying percentile for NEET may vary each year and is determined by the NTA. Generally, it is around the 50th percentile for the general category and lower for reserved categories.
- How should I prepare for NEET?
- NEET preparation requires dedication and a systematic approach. Key tips include:
- Understanding the syllabus thoroughly.
- Practicing with previous years’ question papers and mock tests.
- Creating a study schedule and sticking to it.
- Seeking guidance from teachers or coaching institutes if needed.
- What are some important dates for NEET 2024?
- The specific dates for NEET 2024 will be available on the official NTA NEET website or through official notifications. It’s essential to keep an eye on these sources for the latest updates regarding application dates, exam dates, and other important events.
- Where can I find the latest information about NEET 2024?
- To get the most up-to-date information about NEET 2024, including application details, exam dates, and other essential information, visit the official NTA NEET website or refer to official notifications from the NTA or the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
What is the official date for NEET 2024 exam?
The NTA NEET 2024 exam date is May 5.
When will the NEET 2024 admit card be released?
NTA will issue the NEET admit card 2024 at neet.nta.nic.in.
Remember that NEET-related information can change, so it’s crucial to verify the latest details from official sources to ensure you have the most accurate and up-to-date information for your NEET 2024 preparations.